Wilkinson Eyre Architects (WEA)
- Wilkinson Eyre Architects, twice winners of the prestigious RIBA Stirling Prize, is one of the UK’s leading architecture practices.
- Its portfolio of bold, beautiful, intelligent architecture includes the Guangzhou International Finance Centre, currently the eighth tallest building in the world; the giant, sustainably-cooled conservatories for the Gardens by the Bay in Singapore, the new Mary Rose Museum in the UK and the acclaimed temporary structure of the London 2012 Basketball Arena.
- WEA’s complex architectural form is derived from a sculptural form that is reminiscent of three twisting petals
- The sculptural form of the building takes its inspiration from nature, being composed of organic forms without literal or direct reference. It is an abstract shape that has been developed to leverage the unique aspects of the site while maintaining the requirements of Crown’s brief in an elegant form
- The shape of the upper and intermediate levels of the tower is designed to maximise views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House